Impact Since 2004
By changing attitudes early, we build empathy and understanding, and safer, more inclusive classrooms for everyone. Since 2004, students in almost 6,000 classrooms have heard our message that all differences are entitled to respect and that our similarities far outweigh our differences.
How our programs work
AUGUST 3, 2020: COVID 19 update for the 2020/21 school year
To meet schools’ needs safely during these challenging times, we are offering a new program delivery method for the 2020/21 school year. Rather than visiting Maine schools in person, we will provide a “curriculum in a box” with all supplies and materials that guidance counselors or teachers need to deliver the programs within their own classrooms. For each grade, the kit will include a “wrap around” video with introductions to each activity, all supplies, a comprehensive lesson plan/script for easy program delivery, and leave-behinds like books and posters for each participating classroom. We anticipate that kits will be ready by October 15, 2020. By September 1, we will have a school kit request form here on our website.
- For grade 1 – Setting the stage: a read-aloud introduction to disabilities awareness
- For grade 2 – It’s OK to be different
- For grade 3 – We’re all OK: Respecting differences and celebrating strengths
- For grades 4, 5 – How would YOU feel? Hidden challenges, inclusion, and sensitivity
- For grade 5 – We all do things differently: The importance of strategies and the power of our words
- For grade 6 – Just kidding vs. bullying, human commonalities, respect, and inclusion